Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crazy Stripper Dance Lady

One typically overcrowded bus evening, I'm standing in the way back of the bus, and I see a young woman get on the stop after me. Tight bedazzled jeans, tight pink flashdance-looking t-shirt, no bra, and very large, er, endowment hanging down almost to her waist. Crazy looking enough. She's standing there pretty quietly and courteously moving back on the packed bus to accommodate newcomers, but you can see trouble in her eyes. With no apparent impetus, she starts thrashing around and leaning back while holding on to the back of the seat she's standing next to, as if she's hanging on to a pole. Shaking her butt, gyrating, setting her endowment in motion - the whole enchilada. Inbetween really intense moments she almost seemed to be counting or remembering steps from a routine. And then she stops. And then she does it again. So I'm figuring - I must not be seeing it - she has to have a single headphone in and her phone or iPod is in her pocket. And the refrain for the particular tune she's listening to must be REALLY freaking good. And/or Crazy Eyes Cara here is just daring someone to say something because you know, there are some days when you just hope someone will mess with you so you can take your particular brand of struggle out on them. It was a little gross with the no bra thing, and I kept thinking, oh God, I hope that shirt holds out.

I was really trying not to giggle, as I said, imagining that part of her saying, "I dare any one of you to laugh and I will EFF you up" - watch me be the schlemiel who sets her off. I think what was really making me want to laugh was the total abandon with which she let loose. Sometimes I wish I cared that little about other people's perceptions of me. Then again, it must have been a real bummer for the older woman sitting in the seat she was grabbing, and for the folks standing around her trying to remain upright while she "created space" around her.

At some point, the song must have ended, because easy-as-you-please she sort of gracefully floated out the back door. I half expect to see her on the next episode of "So you think you can dance" and then I can say, "hey, I knew her when she was just a bus-dancing amateur."

No comments:

Post a Comment